I got tagged by Bianca Bizarro to tell you eight things about myself. I had been secretly hoping someone would tag me, but then I couldn’t think of eight interesting things to say about myself. So I pondered for a while and this is what I came up with:
- I don’t like rollercoasters. I cried for half the ride the last time I was convinced to ride one (last summer, against my better judgement)
- I graduated from high school when I was 15 and from college when I was 19.
- I’m not good at housework. Or at least I’m not consistent. I tend to go on a cleaning spree and then let it get dirty for a couple weeks before I clean again. It helps if I listen to music while I clean (current favorites are the Killers and Blue October)
- I can speak Swahili. (naweza kuongea Kiswahili)
- I’m good at math and terrible at spelling – there is no way I could blog without spellcheck.
- I’ve worked in a dorm cafeteria (hair net!), a couple grocery stores (one involved cleaning the bathrooms and the meat department at the end of the day…), the math department at my university, a school in Tanzania, Enterprise Rent A Car, a public library, and our insurance agency.
- I’m fiercely liberal in my political and social beliefs.
- I don’t do scary movies. We went to go see White Noise a couple years ago when we had free movie tix. Afterwards, I was so freaked out that we had to sneak into another theater where a comedy was playing. Otherwise I would not have been able to walk out into the parking lot in the dark. Everyone I know said that White Noise is cheesy and not scary at all, so that will tell you what a chicken I am when it comes to scary movies.
Now I get to tag some people. If you’ve already been tagged, feel free to ignore this, unless you’re better than I am at thinking of things to write about yourself. But I’m tagging Jenn at Frugal Upstate, Millionaire Artist and Udandi. Looking forward to hearing a few of your quirks.