I just spent the last hour playing with my new sewing machine. I made a new diaper, using yellow fleece that I bought at Hobby Lobby for the liner, layers of old towel for the soaker inside, and super cute rubber ducky pajamas that I found at a thrift store as the outer layer. The stitching isn’t the most even, but I did manage to get it all together, get elastic in the legs, velcro on the front and tabs, and end up with something that looks pretty much like a diaper. Very stoked about this, as it’s my first solo attempt at sewing anything. Considering I had to sit down with the instruction book and figure out how to thread the machine before I started, I’m feeling pretty good about having a finished product. I also sewed wing extensions on another diaper that our baby had already outgrown. Feeling good, but very tired. We spent the whole day today painting our house (more details about that project tomorrow), but I couldn’t resist trying out my new sewing machine this evening.
Here’s a picture of the finished diaper: